Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A chat with Matt D'Agostini

By LOUIE KORAC
ST. LOUIS -- Matt D'Agostini's first full season with the Blues was one filled with pleasant surprises. He finished with a career-high 21 goals, 25 assists and 46 points. The restricted free agent to-be talks about his season and moving forward:

Could you have envisioned your season going as well as it did?
It did go well for me personally, but at the same time, it's kind of a disappointing finish. It obviously would have been a lot better outcome if we make the playoffs. It would feel like you had more of the winning contribution kind of thing. But I just take from this year and hopefully build off my personal success and kind of translate that into helping the guys put together a winning season next year.

You were given a top-six role with all the injuries. Did you have a take-it-and-run-with-it mentality?
I've always been pushing for that role since I've gotten into this league. To be given that chance and contribute a little more ... I felt good. I've still got more to give for this organization and for me personally. I look forward to coming back next year and start another season off.

Are you eager to get a contract done with the Blues?
I'm looking at getting a contract done and coming back here as soon as possible and hopefully as painful-free as possible. Hopefully get it done early so I can just focus on playing hockey.

Do you want to get a deal done quickly or do you want to test the waters of free agency, even though you're restricted?
Hopefully, they want me back and we can come up with something rather quickly. We've had good talks, hopefully work something out. I look forward to another training camp and another winning team here in St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment